Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mints, Cucumbers, Forests, and Emeralds


Summer time! It's finally here. The forecast on trends is out. I've been seeing mostly the same elements: florals, brights, lots and lots of neons, minimalism/monochromatic, metallics, and the such. Resort 2013 collections have been strutting their stuff on the runways recently. The color wheel is in full effect for summer, but I spy with my little sparkly eyes, more green than anything (at least that's what I think). GREeN. 

From Vogue to street styles to accessories, the color seems to be everywhere. All shades of green from mints to cucumbers to forest to emeralds are popping up. The versatility of green is magical. It can be quite electrifying, stunning, and mystical.  I'll be honest, I've never really worn much of green but this new trend is making me want to make a splash with this color. This trailblazing new trend is becoming an extremely prominent and popular shade for the summer looks. 

But now don't just think of green clothes, but ACCESSORIES as well. Add a pop of this color to an outfit with a new handbag or a large chunky jewelry piece. Trust me, this trend is coming in so many shades, there is simply no excuse to say 'Oh but green looks terrible on me!' I say 'embrace your inner naturalist'.  Don't be the last one to try the trend out, instead be the trend-setter! Just take a look at some Resort 2013 runway samples from below so you get what I mean (and a little inspiration). 

Band of Outsiders Resort 2013

Oscar de la Renta Resort 2013

BCBG Resort 2013

Preen Resort 2013

Bottega Veneta Resort 2013


Bottega Veneta Resort 2013

Chanel Resort 2013

Escada Resort 2013


Karen Elson at the CFDA Awards

Some green with metallic



Natasha Bedingfield 

Oscar de La Renta Resort 2013

All images via multiple sources

XOXO The Sparkle Girl 



No comments:

Post a Comment